Role of the CUFC Coach
The role of the Charlotte United FC coach is to:
- Build a foundation for future success both in sport and in life.
- Create, nurture and protect each child’s feelings of self worth.
- Create and inspire a passion and respect for the game.
- Communicate with those whom you lead as you would wish to be communicated with by those who lead you.
- Develop the player’s appreciation of the game.
- Be sensitive to each player’s developmental needs.
- Educate the players to the technical, tactical, physical and psychological demands of the game for their level.
- Conduct practices in a spirit of enjoyment and learning.
- Strive to help each player reach their full potential.
- Be a positive role model.
- Set high standards of discipline and sportsmanship.
- Instill knowledge and enjoyment of the game.
- Encourage players to strive for excellence through competition.
- Communicate with parents.